CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Foodtripping in Cambodia: SURA Korean Restaurant

     I've loved Korean cuisine from the first time I tried it back in Eastwood City in Manila, though the name of the restaurant evades me now. I found it very spicy but it suited my liking for strong-flavored food. There are even days when I would crave for kimchi and kimchi-based food. This started when I watched a show called Kimchi Chronicles where the hosts showed different parts of Korea as well as their cuisine. In one particular episode, the host who is also a chef traveled to a province and featured an old lady who showed him how she cooked traditional food. It had a slab of pork belly cooked as soup with kimchi. It was a while back and all I remember now is how good and yummy it looked and then I was on a mission to try and find it here.
 
    They have a lot of Korean restaurants in the city and I cannot pick which one is my favorite. But on a Sunday night, I decided to take the family for dinner at Sura because we could have an entire room to ourselves.


   vegetable salad, egg rolls and kimchi for starters and side dishes



 thin slices of pork with kimchi and bellpeppers



Kimchi-based stew with mushrooms and tofu. This is similar to the stew in the show I watched which is obviously why I ordered it. This is my favorite among what we had.




  Beef Ribs stew which tasted similar to our local humba

     That night I was particularly craving for kimchi and so most of our food were kimchi-based and spicy. Surprisingly, the kids loved them, even our daughter who normally doesn't eat spicy food. Sure, they had lots of water after every bite and they were hissing but they couldn't get enough of it.

   So, would I recommend this place to friends? Yes, I would. 




Sandee

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi mana, when it comes to food I guess I may have to be a little more adventurous and try out other cuisine. I have not been to an authentic Korean restaurant, except for a korean fast food in Ayala because I love the chicken there. I would probably add eating kimchi in my bucket list, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..it is worth a try. i also didn't venture into one until a friend who was familiar with Korean food brought me to the resto in eastwood. I pretty much order according to the picture on the menu but not the typical bibimbap.

    ReplyDelete