CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 20, 2013

What I Wore Day 2: Camouflage and Lace

A while back, I issued a challenge to myself to write about my daily outfits. Sadly, I lost that challenge because having someone there to always take photos of me isn't possible. But all is not lost. I can always repeat my outfits because I'm not a celebrity who cannot be seen wearing the same thing twice. 

I am quite excited about this outfit post so I don't mind that it's making it's appearance again, so soon after the first. Just in case you don't keep abreast of the latest fashion trend, camouflage print is making a statement this summer. I've admired models and fashionistas donning them but never really got into it because the styles I saw around simply didn't suit me. It's really best to know what works well for your body type and keeping your own style because it will add to your comfort and confidence.

That's why I was content to be an admirer and not a wearer of this summer trend. In fact I had no intentions of following this trend at all. That is, until the day lady Luck shone down on me.


This is my first and only military-print item of clothing.

 My transparent and gold ballet flats is also a current fashion rage. Another option is to wear this with heels, which I did when I wore it to lunch with friends.


I love how the print is supposed to be fierce but the cut of the skirt exudes girl-power.


I kept the accessories to a minimum because where I live now, there is a very thin line between being well put together and belonging to a fashion spread in a magazine. I also didn't want anything to distract attention from the lace details of my blouse which I find pretty.

There are many inspirations of this trend to be derived from fashion runways and styling by fashionistas. Or you could come up with your own like I did.  


top: Night Market
skirt: Thrifted
earrings: Orussey market
shoes: Kinggor
nailpolish: +elianto Cambodia 


Sandee



1 comment:

  1. Sands what attracted me to this outfit are your shoes! Tho I also appreciated the camouflage skirt because its also trending now, my eyes just goes back to the golden pointy pair you have:)

    Must be the shoeholic in me. Hahahaha.

    Anyway going back...the skirt. Is it pleated or A-Line? You made it look more feminine by adding the lace top to balance it.


    ReplyDelete