CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spa Birthday at La Rose Spa



We're starting a tradition between us the beautiful ladies.. Ahem.. The friendship is fairly recent but we've shared a lot of laughs between us and a few escapades. I won't admit if any of them were naughty. But back to the tradition. It started when one of us celebrated her birthday late last year and we had to think of a way to celebrate it. We chose to have a massage together and dinner and partied some. 

Since the first one was a success, we decided to go for the same thing when another birthday came up. It's nothing grand but it's what floats our boat. And thus, a tradition was born.

For that day, I suggested La Rose Boutique Hotel and Spa which I had been to a couple of times before. It addressed our primary requirement for a room that could accommodate the three of us. The one we went to previously had beds for only 2 and one of us had to make way for the celebrant and had foot massage instead.

I've had good experiences during my past visits to this spa. They take note of which areas you need special attention or need to be careful of and you you have certain medical conditions. I like the look and feel of the place too, which the staff say, was designed by the owners themselves.









The different massage oils to choose from

 The water is shockingly hot which always makes my hair stand on it's end. But I always find it odd that after just a few seconds of that soak, my feet already feel relaxed.


After we made our choice of De-Stress Massage, on to our cleansing foot scrub.

  Our room for three

For this visit I wasn't able to fully enjoy the massage. But for the simple reason that we were too busy talking the whole time. Massage is as much psychological as physical. You have to feel it working on you. Before we knew it, our time was up.

I am not so much into massages and the only time I go for one is when I really need it. I do not fall asleep during one and an hour of just lying there with nothing to to do isn't my cup of tea. But a lesson has been learned from ignoring back aches which worsened until I could barely stand. Oh, and when hubby treats me to one, I never want to make him feel bad by refusing.

 La Rose Boutique Hotel and Spa has met that occasional need because though I generally leave out blank the part that asks whether an area needs more attention, the massage therapist does know where to spend more time on. And one time, embarrassing as it is, I have to say I fell asleep and snored! I know, because I caught the tail-end of it. I was just lying there thinking it was really relaxing and the next thing I know, my snore woke me up. It's a rarity for me for both, falling asleep during massage (my first time!) and snoring. Promise, you can ask my hubby. Hehe..

As of posting, I already had another visit there after a rather exhausting couple of weeks. They have an on-going Buy One, Take One promotion which runs until the end of this month. Oh, and while you are there, try asking for a discount card. If this review of their spa isn't enough to convince you, maybe a 30% discount off their services will. 



Sandee

La Rose Boutique Hotel and Spa
164B Norodom Blvd
Phnom Penh, Cambodia  

 


 

 

3 comments:

  1. Sands, hope the four of us could do this in the near future, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I am looking forward to it. Malamang in Tacloban, Anyway, Im sure since its a planned trip, we can all block our calendars for it.
    Hahah funny how you fell asleep and caught the tail end of you snoring. Same here i dont fall asleep when I have my massages, but its really nice if you did. Meaning the therapist was that good to make you so relaxed that you fell asleep under her care.

    There's a place here that we can go to and have our massage, us 4. either here in Ormoc, or in Tacloban ha Leyte Park. ANyway, let us know when you plan to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we have so many things we haven't done together.

      Delete