CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 9, 2013

THRIFT CHIC



 


The day I wore this outfit I got a lot of compliments. I do not mean to brag but merely to prove that clothes do not have to have designer labels with matching hefty price tags to look chic.

You see, that day my clothes came from the thrift shop. There are many merits to vintage or thrift shopping which I'll talk about more on another post. 

You can find very nice clothes and accessories at thrift stores. There is just a secret to wearing them without making them look their price. It is all in the styling. And some rules to be followed and broken.



 Pick out pieces that suit and fit you well, unless you have a seamstress you can trust to alter them for you. I'm lucky both my top and skirt fit me perfectly.


Ideally you should limit it to one piece of thrifted item in the whole ensemble but my blouse complemented the floral prints on the skirt and subdued the otherwise heavy brown of it. So in this case, it's a rule broken.


 
Do not forget to accessorize to help pull the look together. Preferably not from the thrift store. But if you have pieces that would go with your outfit, go ahead and break this rule!
 


See, it's really all about mixing and matching and styling and no one will ever know where you got them from, unless you tell them.
 
People who turn their noses at thrift stores don't know what they're missing. Why else do fashionistas and stylists even visit these places? I've just shared the secret with you.  
 
Now go and try your luck. Don't forget to share your finds with me. 
 
 
Happy shopping!
 
Photo Credits
Jerry Manus
Marinel Dehoux
 
top and skirt thrifted
DIY earrings by me
VNC belt
SM Dept Store bangle
Burberry Prorsum bag
Vince Camuto wedges 
 
 
Sandee
 
 
 
  

3 comments:

  1. I love! Only those gifted with sniffing out the good one's from the bad like us can make Thrifted outfit look chic! Posting our blog next week about something like this too.

    Oh...and in fashion, its always fun to break the rules every so often :)

    Keep blogging!

    Apple
    www.appleandbees.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your loot! We have honed our senses to spot them from afar.. Years of experience, you know.. lol! We had so much fun going on the thrifting spree.

      I know you incorporate thrifted pieces in your ensemble as well. Kindly send which posts. So I can add links..

      Delete
  2. Hi Sands! I got excited when I saw your outfit posts! Keep posting! Thrifting is a talent and we're just so lucky to have been blessed with such ability! Me & Apple can't wait to show you our Ukay Challenge blog post next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete