CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 7, 2012

Kiriya



     I may seem to always be hanging out in cafes but truthfully, I'd be as happy to have a cup at home. Going to one has just become a way to pass time. Occasionally, I get to enjoy the company of family or friends. But for the most part, I'm by my lonesome. That's why the place itself matters to me even more than the coffee itself sometimes.

     I have mentioned on my FB shout-outs that St 51 has become a coffee district because of the coffee shops literally at almost every corner. That works to our advantage though because we get to have our pick among the lot.

   Last Wednesday I had a couple of hours to wile away before our Christmas Party with the Pinay ladies. Out of convenience because of close proximity to the kids' school, I decided to go to Kiriya. I've been there a few times and it's easily becoming my to-go cafe nowadays because I like the way the place is set up. It is quite spacious that I don't fear having someone look over my shoulder as I'm using my laptop. It also works too for those times when conversations become very engaging and voices get louder. This can happen quite often (always, really) when in the company of good friends.



  
     To my delight, they have an on-going promotion of your choice of bread and coffee for only $3. Now who doesn't like getting good deals? Mind you, the coffee was in "tall" size too. While I can't claim to have a discriminating palate for coffee, I at least know a good one from a crappy one. And I've been quite satisfied with mine. 



     I have to mention that their pastries are quite good. This one, I am particular about. Tough pastry and a good cup of coffee just don't go well together. I must have been quite sleepy to miss seeing the Raisin Cinnamon roll. But I did really like the Vanilla Double I ordered.






    Their cakes look delectable. Sweets aren't my thing though. But I might try it when the mood strikes me.

 


     So, good coffee, check. Yummy pastries, check. Nice and bright cafe interior, check. I just like places that are well-lit. Just like my preference for bright colors over dark ones. Oh, I might add that my bum didn't hurt from prolonged sitting because the seats are cushioned. It does matter, you know.

     As the saying goes, the earliest caffeine-addicts get their caffeine fix at a good deal. The promotion is only until 9am. But if you get the craving even earlier than that, fret not. They're open from 6am-2am of the next day. 

    Kiriya is at the corner of Sts 51 and 370 Boeng Keng Kang 1. 



'Til next post.


Sandee

2 comments:

  1. Sandee, looking young with your hair all curled up. Anyway, I hope this comment will be posted. Been commenting but it wont post. Btw your page is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mana. My hair's starting to straighten already. :(

      Delete