CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Feet

     I love getting pedicures. For me it's an equivalent of having a full spa treatment, without the long, boring hours of just lying there, waiting for it all to end. Massage is a necessity when the back screams for attention and care. Pedicure is pure indulgence. It may sound crazy but it makes me happy to look down at my feet and see those bright colored toenails.

    Believe it or not, when I finally found a salon that I could trust to do my nails, I felt everything was going to be alright with our being here. And to my double delight, nail art is a very common practice here, thus cheaper than what it would cost back home. 


     Occasionally, my daughter gets treated to one too. We usually take a photo of a design from the web and show it to the ladies. Today, she wanted a cupcake design. One can't help but be amazed at the skill and control of the ladies. Such steady hands!




Lucky for her, she has long, oval-shaped fingernails so the designs are bigger and more detailed.



     So pretty, right? Srey, the lady who did this really made the effort to surpass the sample we showed her. Such a steal for $4, I must say. This can last for 2 weeks with an occasional application of a clear top coat and longer than that for the toenails.



  
     I chose a design that's more age appropriate and classy. They use nail polishes from OPI, Essie and China Glaze for base colors and acrylic paint for designs like mine. They have nail paints especially for nail art that has long needle-thin brushes. My base color is Flirty Tankini by OPI. It's actually more of a carnation pink to almost neon pink hue which makes the design really stand out.





     Predictably I always opt for bright, eye-catching colors. Even if the only eyes they may ever catch are my own. 


The salon I frequent is on the ground floor of Sovannah Mall. 


'Til next post!

xoxo

Sandee

2 comments:

  1. Mana, love the nail art, super cute!! Same here, getting my pedicure and manicure is a weekly ritual, although I don't go to the salon because I have someone who comes to the house weekly, but I try to get a foot spa at least once a month. I hope we could all go to the salon together, it would be a nice bonding experience, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having this since college. We feel unhappy when the polish doesn't look shiny anymore. hehe.. i have it every 2 weeks only and just the pedicure. yeah, it would be nice to have a salon day for us 4. soon, i hope.

    ReplyDelete